27 June 2012

In Your Eyes


My reflection in the lookingglass disturbs me.
Chocolate tangles reach like gnarled fingers for
stark flesh, marred pink by endless nights of drunken love.
Eyes of stormy gray cloud my face.
Angry tears rain down my cheeks
and I turn away
ashamed to look further.

Standing tall in my path back to seclusion,
you fight for my gaze.
Through blurred vision I see you;
your chest, your shoulders, like a weathered stone wall
smooth and strong.
Chiseled features scarred and broken
from long days of back-crushing work
break into the slow smile of uncertainty.
Blinking salty streams away
my gray eyes meet yours.
Burning pools of icy blue blaze through me
snaking deep into the pit of my heart
stroking hidden passions.

A simple word escapes your lips on a breath
"Beautiful...."
And I see a new reflection in your eyes.
Chestnut tresses flow in satin waves
across porcelain shoulders.
Sun shines once more
through thick clouds of dusky gray
in eyes that plead for your touch.

Callused fingers brush my ivory cheek
and transformation eases through my body.
Beauty controls me while I am in your arms,
and a soft kiss whispers your name on my lips.
You caress my body in love
you bathe me with your touch.
You have made me a silken beauty.
Falling into spells woven from delicate threads of wonder,
I see the elegance you've created from me
in your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment